Wednesday, July 14, 2010

In the words of Koko, the Lord High Executioner...

...I've got a little list.

Oh, my...it actually is a very long list. And a moving target in terms of time and money coming together at propitious moments. A list of journeys I wish to make...photos I want to shoot (or scan from thousands of slides sequestered in drawers of yellow, green, and silver boxes - slide film devotees know exactly what those colors mean)...the Special Lady I wish to find...projects I want to do...piles of stuff I need to file or toss...the new driveway...and the topic of this short post:

Starting a web site for my photography!

Well, it's not as though my work is not "out there," web-wise. But it would be so nice to have one dedicated spot in the cyber universe on which to display my work to clients, friends, and visitors. That might take a while longer, but I'm happy to announce a very nice spot in www-land to which I was introduced as a result of entering a recent photo competition. Indeed, it was the first photo-sharing site I found really appealing, and I have been enjoying adding new work to my pages on jpgmag.com (as well as enjoying the work of so many fellow photogs). Indeed, some of my favorite images are making their first appearance on this easy-to-navigate site. Here's one - Hope it takes the edge off the summer heat and humidity for you.



Tractor in Winter

If you'd like to have a look at some others, just click on the following link. You may then click on any images that look appealing for a larger view, including on a nice black background, by using the "Lightbox" feature.

http://jpgmag.com/people/SteveEmber

If you like what you see, please bookmark and come back often - It's a work in progress!

Oh, that reminds me, I've got this open-reel tape of Gilbert & Sullivan's "The Mikado" by the D'Oyly Carte Opera Company with a wonderful cast headed by John Reed as Koko (the cat with that gruesome snickersnee), the yummy Valerie Masterson as Yum Yum, and the great baritone Kenneth Sandford as the quintessential haughtily bureaucratic Pooh-Bah, all conducted by Isidore Godfrey in glorious London/Decca ffss sound (am I revealing my era?)...that I've been wanting to transfer to cassette or CD for enjoyment on the road.

Guess I should move that one up the list, eh?

Tractor in Winter is available in matted and framed prints in many sizes, and will be joining my line of Photo Note Cards, just in time for the Winter Holiday Season.

©2010 Steve Ember

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home