Monday, May 12, 2014

Smile!

    ...from a photographer's notebook


Just a little smile-maker for anyone who may be in need of one today.

Last June, on a perfect, sunny, low-humidity afternoon, I came upon this smiling menagerie on West Broadway, in the Tribeca section of Lower Manhattan. 

In that great afternoon light, these "floaties" outside the Balloon Saloon presented a festive mix of color and whimsicality that had me smiling and looking for all sorts of angles and settings in which to capture them. Particularly liked that happy looking dolphin! But, of course, having a fondness for toothsome *Crocolators, his pal nearby was also a favorite. And doesn't that "killer whale" turn up the corners of your mouth?



I spent several hours on successive days exploring Tribeca and taking in the vibrant street ambiance, and plan to do more during future visits. If you follow my work, you may have seen some of my "Tribeca Moments." If not, this link will take you to my New York City images on Foto-Community.

Any of my Tribeca (or other NYC) scenes are available in archival gallery prints and as custom printed Photo Note Cards. For more information, contact me at the e-mail address in right column.

Oh, and don't forget to smile - you just might make someone's day...mine included.

* Oh, yes, "Crocolator?" Keeps me from having to guess if it's a crocodile or an alligator!

©2014 Steve Ember

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home