Saturday, April 14, 2012

A New Card Design

    from a photographer's notebook...





















Love means never having to say you’re sorry.

Really?

Perhaps for Ali McGraw and Ryan O’Neal in the 1972 film “Love Story.”

But I think John Lennon was a bit more on target when he said “Love means having to say you're sorry every five minutes.”

And since you never know when that moment may come, may I suggest immediately purchasing a copy of my latest Photo Note Card to be ready to proffer along with those roses or the box of Godiva.

The photo was taken at Mount Vernon Square in Baltimore. There, in the shadow of the Washington Monument along North Charles Street stands a large equestrian statue of George Washington’s friend and ally, the Marquis de Lafayette, sculpted by Andrew O’Connor Jr.

Naturally, I shot it from all angles, but “A Horse’s Ass in the Moonlight” rather appeals to the irreverent nature of my "evil twin," who sometimes assists in my photo editing.

Anyhow, the inside of the card says “Can you forgive me?” But, for a small extra custom charge, I’ll be happy to print your very own sentiment of contrition.


The card is printed on heavy photo quality card stock and measures 8.5 x 5.5 inches with white envelope. It is printed with Epson Archival Pigment Ink. On the back of the card is story of the photo.  Price: $5.95 + postage. Mailed in firm photo protection envelope.

Photo, Narrative, and Design ©2011/2012 Steve Ember

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home