Sunday, April 28, 2013

A new Dreamscape - Pursued by the Sky Hose

...from a photographer's notebook


Detail from 'Pursued by the Sky Hose'      ©Steve Ember

Now, why am I flashing back to the deliciously evil sound Anthony Hopkins makes after Hannibal Lecter tells Clarice, "I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti?" 

Perhaps the whoooshh of the Great Cosmic Hoover would be more apropos?

Ah, well, I shall leave you to supply your own sound pattern to my latest "Dreamscape."

If you follow my work, you know that most of my aviation images are more "literal." But in looking at some slides taken at the Flying Circus Aerodrome several years ago, I came upon a shot taken at sunset, as the last Stearman PT-17 biplane was heading off to its home hangar.

As I sometimes do in the wee hours, I summoned up my "Digital Genie" from her bottle and asked, "Genie Dear, what do you suppose it would look like if a great cosmic wormhole were to materialize out of that calm summer sunset...and give chase to that unsuspecting barnstorming pilot?" 

"What then?" as Peter's grandfather sternly admonishes, when the lad decides to venture into the Wolf's territory. *

If you'd like to see the complete image, please click on this link.

"Pursued by the Sky Hose" will be available soon in archival gallery prints and may also be ordered as a custom printed note card. For more information, please contact me at the e-mail address in the right hand column.

©2013 Steve Ember

* Basil Rathbone in Prokofiev's "Peter and the Wolf" (my first Columbia Masterworks album) - Been scared of Leopold Stokowski ever since ;-)

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

The photo looks as if you have contemplated the scene through one of those thick glass bricks that were very common in use in the 70ies... (see image here: http://www.tootoo.com/s-ps/glass-block--p-1004127.html).
Interesting idea... I think I like it ...
Well done, Steve, a dreamscape based on a "real" one - as if the dreamscape was unreal...
;)
All the best,
Susana

April 29, 2013 at 5:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home